Pages

Friday 11 August 2017

Bliss Balls

Bliss Balls   7/8/2017
Ever seen, felt and smelt something that you thought was amazing but then a plot twist happens? Well that is what happened to me in literacy today. We were making Bliss Balls. Now you are probably wondering, What the heck is a Bliss Ball? Well my friend a bliss ball is a healthy truffle like ball. It is made out of Sultanas or Raisins, Oats, Cocoa, Coconut and Coconut Oil.

The bliss balls looked like lumps of chocolate waiting to get inside my mouth. The bliss ball looked squished up like banana. The bliss ball looked rough like a rocky mountain. It looked absolutely glorious. It was to die for.

When I felt the bliss ball it felt squishy like gooey slime. The bliss ball felt sticky like glue. When the bliss ball rolled around on my hand the coconut felt rough like bark on a tree. It felt moist like a used damp towel.

The bliss ball smelt like pure dark chocolate about to be gone. The bliss ball smelt mouth watering like a nice refreshing ice-block. The coconut smelt like a glorious lamington. This ball smelt like something you’ve never smelt before. It smelt like heaven.

Then the time had come it was time to taste the bliss ball that looked, smelt and felt amazing and glorious. I bit into the bliss ball with high anticipation. Then all of a sudden (bite) the raisins are so juicy. It tasted absolutely disgusting. It was sickening like a five month old block of cheese. It was so chewy like uncooked steak. It tasted like a complete disappointment. It tasted like something people eat from the garbage. It tasted like poison, I hated it. I definitely regret it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, look at all those similes. I love the way you have built up anticipation for the reader and then the shock of disappointment at the end. It wasn't that bad the second time you tried it though, was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Jack, No the second time I tried it wasn't as bad. Did you like them?

      Delete
  2. I did actually, although I didn't really expect too.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.