Pages

Monday 29 August 2016

Paige's And Phoebe's Maths

Question 1
Marama is planning her birthday party.
She is inviting 11 friends so there will be 12 people at the party.
How many 1.5 litre soft drinks will she need if they have one drink each?

Paige’s Idea for question 1
I thought that it would be 4 cups at first but when I looked at the cups I thought it would be 5. Then Mrs Raison measured the cups then it was 180.

Phoebe’s Idea for question 1
I thought that the answer would be 7 in my head so when did a vote. To do the vote we covered our eyes with one hand and waited for Mrs. R to say the number that we had thought of in our head. Then we measured one 1 cup with the 1..5 litre soft drink.. After tha we saw how much it had gone down so we thought in our head a different number up to twelve and Paige and I thought the amount of cups would be 4.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.